Tuesday, September 10, 2013

For My Sisters

I’m not here to placate you
Play verbal Kung Fu; I’m here to scar you
Unsettle the mental sediment
Caused by too many weaves, relaxing creams


Unsafe sexual escapades
This parade of flesh, that
passes for allure
I’m here to get you away from wishing and talking
As a trumpet; a call to action
The first stop for revolution starts with you
A revelation I hope you can relate to
See: You are under cultural hypnosis, societal control
Force-fed to be bred as a hoar not a housewife
A jump off, side chick, not a shero, or a queen
A slave not a warrior
A junkie for synthetic hair cream
Lotion and soap designed to turn your complexion lighter than it was intended to be
Social engineering is a process that is quite complex
Start of young, coarse language, they soak it up like sponge
Bitch, hoe, nigga; See how it rolls off the lounge
Slipped into the music, it’s no longer abuse
It’s just how we do!
Interlaced with images of Dope boys and Benz’s
Mixed with ideas of weak armed nerds that read books and get bullied, punked on the block
Because he’s trying to master his diction
I can’t blame you…You learned it from ya mama
But she was only 16 when she had you though
So now you listen to single ladies
Thinking you don’t need a man
Not realizing to breathe with one lung
To stand with one leg
To fight with one arm
To think with half a brain
Makes life tougher than it needs to be
So yeah, I’m not here to verbally masturbate you
I’m here to uplift you
With the vision of an eagle, clear space for your throne
Your Brother…I got you
Peace.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment